Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Work/Life Balance

When I worked at the bank the title of this blog was an almost daily mantra. However, it was the workers responsibility to ensure that they had got the balance correct. In teaching it seemed to be the opposite, almost a dirty word, teachers must work till they drop or breakdown or be deemed incompetent. Then the powers that be would drag out the fact that the 'victim' had not managed their work/life balance. Now that I am retired and writing it is not in question, I can do what I like when I like and I really feel for those who are still having to manage their writing with the rest of whatever their lives entails. My advice - no one task should completely consume one's life.

Slow on this blog yesterday but the number of followers on Twitter rocketed up to 185 and I made the mistake of leaving my mobile overnight on which I have a link to my gmail a/c and received several messages through the night!
Thanks to all those interested people and for the feedback received about the title of my second book. The overall message being that it is my baby.

One final question, and this is not original but I felt interesting,

If you could write one piece of advice to your 16 year old self what would it be?

For me it would be to love myself more! Love to hear your thoughts

God bless.


Twitter @dla1950