Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Christmas - Bah Humbug!

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free - use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

http://completelynovel.com/books/the-51st-state--2/read-online

Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

http://www.amazon.com/I-Have-Get-Right-ebook/dp/B005O6DIUE

A 5 Star review on Amazon Kindle!

It was with a sense of extreme frustration that I received another message from the smashwords meatgrinder saying I needed to modify the format of my paragraphs. It will be years before I attain their premium catalogue at this rate!

The good news was that I received another 5* review from Dawn Torrens which I am extremely grateful for it is the bread & butter for us writers.

I did write some more of 'The Biter Bit' and feel fired up regarding its progress. Writing such a book is a little like having a living creature to care for and if it isn't well tended it quickly becomes dormant. When it is looked after then it is rather like an adolescent pup with boundless energy and behaviour that demands your attention.




Why the Scrooge quote as my title? Well as described above yesterday was a peaks and troughs day and his character seems to fit well.

Jobs

The television assembly plant! Bairds TV in Bradford! A mate of mine and myself were looking for work during the summer holidays and were given a days work at Bairds. At the time I was a callow youth of 18 and with limited experience of the female psyche!


Baird's was staffed almost entirely by women. The delicate work of soldering parts together more suited to their small fingers than those of us men. Our job was to do some interior painting and decorating and a bit of general tidying up. I had never been in a situation where the micro-society was totally dominated by girls! What a shock! I had always been brought up in the old-fashioned, almost Victorian belief that girls were 'nice, gentle creatures' that needed the protection of us men! (Sorry to the feminists) Suffice it to say some of the edge was taken from my naivete that day! The language, sexual inuendo and raucous behaviour was an eye opener!
A bit of a laugh though.

God Bless

Twitter - @dla1950