Saturday, 31 December 2011

Is honesty the best policy?

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?








Good writing day - I am up to 60000 words on 'The Biter Bit' and the final stages are approaching. One or two friends are beginning to ask about the 3rd book!

Honesty?

The question is does it pay? I suppose the answer is emotionally it pays massively, but fiscally probably not! I had an experience today 30/12/2011 and it is real not created.
I have fairly set routines and I am always in the supermarket at opening time, 08:00, on Fridays and I buy breakfast after I have shopped. Well this morning I am waiting for the coffee machine to dispense my latte and I happened to glance at the floor and saw something lying there. I got my coffee and went forward and bent down to look at what I had seen and it was money. There seemed to be a £20 note folded over twice. I bent and picked it up and realised that there was more. In fact £50 in total. There was no one about and no one on the checkout where this money had been dropped. There were probably only half a dozen people eating or waiting for food in the cafe. The question is one that has been considered a million times before, what do you do? Pocket the money, no one about that would see, and it is lost! The idiot who dropped it deserves to lose it and who can blame me for picking it up? Finders keepers, losers weepers! There are all sorts of justifications that would have enabled me to keep that money. It is over half what I need for a week's survival!
No I didn't and I do not require congratulations for doing the right thing but I handed the money in and it was reclaimed by the rightful owner. I never hesitated because that money was not mine and if I had been on the losing side of the situation I would hope that a fellow human being would recognise anothers need before their own.
It did pay because the man asked who had handed it in and the checkout guy pointed to me and to cut a long story short I got my breakfast paid for.
This is a true story that happened in the 21st century.

Be honest - what would you do?

New visitors from Trinidad & Tobago and the big, huge, enormous news for me was that I achieved 5000 visitors to my blog today and I am deeply touched and greatly pleased. The other piece of news is that I have reduced the Kindle price on both of my books to £1/$1.50 for the whole book.

God bless

Twitter - @dla1950