Thursday, 8 December 2011

Joyeux Noel

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











                                                                                                                          Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?









Jobs

My main source of employment, as it says in my profile, was teaching. I started in a 11-16 Secondary school on the outskirts of Halifax in 1971. I was there for 8 years and it was hell at times. I did learn a great deal and  it wasn't all about teaching. Mostly, it was about people.
I observed for the first time, even though I was brought up on a council estate, the squalor that some families sink into for whatever reason. One wet and miserable autumn morning I was asked to drive a child home who was ill. When I arrived at his home I took him to the house and at the time felt that I should be finding him a place of safety! There was no fencing or hedge or indeed footpath to the front door just a sea of mud which then continued into the hall through the open door. I assumed that there was some kind of flooring down but it was covered in mud. Mother was laid on a sofa in some kind of stupor, whether drug or alcohol induced I was not aware. She grunted in response to my query as to her state and when I told her that her child was unwell. He could see that I was pondering taking him back to school but he said that he would be okay which I thought was incredibly brave but then it was what was familiar to him!
It was not the only such experience I encountered there but in empathising the child's situation it helps a writer understand how the human mind works and also how it copes in extremis!

Other stuff

After a surge of visitors a couple of weeks ago I seem to be back to 30 - 40 each day which I am grateful for.
I am having to sort Mum's Christmas out before I can do much for my own. Bought pig's in blankets yesterday for our Christmas lunch which I will be cooking.
Looking forward to the press release in the Sunderland Echo today.

Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.


God Bless