Saturday, 10 December 2011

Kurisumasu Omedeto

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?








Jobs

There was a summer after I had started teaching that I worked for a local government group that had provided exchange students the opportunity to work with English children in summer play schemes. The students were billeted in a school aand my task was to drive them from where they were staying to where they worked. There were about 16 - 20 people of both sexes from France, Germany and The Netherlands aged between 18 - 22 years old and they were in the country for a month. There were a lot of variables to consider with this group but they were dealing with Yorkshire children from backgrounds that were very varied. The tasks that were being carried out were around a play scheme ethos and it was a fairly physical month!
Why am I telling you this? The whole time we worked together there were relationships developing between the workers and the children and also between the workers themselves. The summer weather was good and the range of activities wide so there was a great deal of fun to be had for those who took part. Writing is partly about relationships and how they develop in our books. I have read a book today that I have put into Goodreads.com called 'Reach for the Stars' by Janice Horton which is about a chef striving to achieve excellence and the relationships that fall apart along the way and the opportunity for new relationships that spring up. The bottom line is the fact that relationships are central to this tale.
In my stories of Patrick A Steele much of what goes on is about how he relates to his team. They are about the anticipation of what is going to happen between him and the two women in his life as well as the position he is in with the Gurentai and Takuo Sumisu

Other Stuff

I received a copy of the article that has gone into the Sunderland Echo today! Bugger! It is so difficult to get this sort of thing right. I hate the photograph of me but then I have never liked my photo being taken. Some of the questions that I have answered have been reproduced verbatim and we don't always speak perfect English do we! I am grateful honestly!
It would be great if I heard from some of my cousins or even sold some books!

Something totally different! I sang in a concert as part of the Huddersfield Choral Society and Black Dyke Mills Brass Band tonight. It was a sell out and very enjoyable to be part of. So much talent in such a small place.

God Bless

Twitter - @dla1950