Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Mitho Makosi Kesikansi

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?








People

When writing and creating personalities in your book it is easier to make them more believable if a writer employs behaviours that they have observed in real life. The age of the subject is relevant, however, not all the time.
I worked in a school where the population was 95% from the South Asian Peninsula and equally split between Pakistani & Indian children. One child that I met, a girl, had a most unusual ambition for a Pakistani female at that time. She was bright and very confident but had a battle on her hands. Even at the age of eleven she wanted to become a police officer! Nothing wrong with that really but mum and dad were not at all keen. The whole year I taught the child this discussion continued between her and her parents and then was relayed back to me in school. What a personality that girl had! I felt sorry for her parents but I'm sure they would end up agreeing to what their daughter wanted. This was a very forward thinking and intelligent person who was kicking against the more traditional view of what an Asian girl would be doing when she left school. I was privileged to be trusted by the child.
I bet she made it!

Other Stuff

There was an amazing burst of almost 50 visitors from the US in the space of half an hour this morning. One of these days someone is going to buy a book!

More writing today. The tension is mounting!

The greeting well I'll give you a clue. USA

Let me know if you know where this version of 'Merry Christmas' originates.

God bless

Twitter - @dla1950