Monday, 26 December 2011

They think its all over!

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?








Good morning all. Thank you to those who had time to visit here yesterday I hope you had a great time with friends and family. As you get older any length of visit is good! I also hope that the gifts bought and received were everything that you hoped for and worth the stress that you felt when purchasing them! I wonder if that is the major source of stress throughout this festival as well as the preparing of the celebration meal.
Christmas lunch went down well thank goodness but I will be eating pork all week! Will be able to seek out my own truffles by Friday!

This week, between Christmas and New Year, is a little like the 'twilight zone'. The schools are closed as are many businesses, retailers are in a frenzy to sell and New Years Eve approaches but the effort that goes into the first celebration takes the edge off the second. I am fortunate in that I tend to receive an invite to a party at someone else's house and that is the easy option. Of course not everyone celebrates the New Year on January 1st or at all, I was raised in a part of the country that does celebrate but not as vehemently as in Scotland.
So we have a week of spending, if we can afford, returning presents to stores if they are the wrong size etc, and eating left overs!

Any recipes for left over pork gratefully received!

Of course the actual Christmas message, the reason for the season, should not end on the 26th. This morning I find myself thinking about Mary, her husband and new born child and wondering what would have occurred for them after the magi, shepherds and any other passing visitors had left. Would the Innkeeper have wanted them out so that he could reclaim his stable? Would Joseph's cousin Rachel accept Mary and the baby into their home finally? That is interesting in itself because Bethlehem was Joseph's home town and his extended family probably still lived there so why a stable? Did this new 'Royal' family have to escape the threat of Herod immediately and pack up and leave. Would Mary have been well enough, the baby feeding without a hitch?
I often wonder what sort of life they had from birth to Jesus being around 12 and then his last 3 years or so. We know he had 4 brothers and possibly 2 sisters that remain unnamed and the chances are he learned his father's business of carpentry. Fascinating and inspirational.

I did not write yesterday and probably won't have time today as I am off to a soccer match with my sons and that is quite a rare event in itself as one lives nearby but the other is in Belgium.

I must say a thank you to the visitors from Brazil.