Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Zalig Kerstfeast

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?








People

Quite often people that stick in your memory do so because of abilities they have but also because of the confidence they have in that ability. However, they don't all trumpet their skills ad nauseum. The person I am thinking about today left a lasting impression for the opposite reason and that was she was extremely modest.

While I was teaching in a 9 - 13 middle school I had a particularly good set of 12 and 13 year olds one year. It was the month of July and these children were due to leave and go to high school and as there was a general winding down I thought that it would be interesting for the children and for me to display the skills they had developed outside of the classroom. There were a variety of examples but I noticed that one young lady had brought along her guitar. Now she was a quiet and able pupil but had never expressed  any great interest in music that I was aware.
I didn't coerce all of the children into performing as I know that some find that sort of pressure unbearable but Michelle, that was her name, came up at my invitation and sat and played her guitar. I was not the only one that was astounded, the whole class were spellbound. She didn't play some halting party piece that we all applauded politely she played La Cavatina by Stanley Myers.

Stanley Myers - The Cavatina

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwvDon1_iKs9 Sep 2006 - 4 min - AndanteLargo
Album: Myers: The Deer Hunter & Other Themes (2001)


A beautiful piece well played and when she had finished it was as if she drew a veil over that part of her life and went back to 'normal'. The experience was magical!

Other Stuff

A busy day on the blog yesterday and thanks to those who were very supportive. There were visitors from all over the world which gives me a childlike buzz of excitement!

I am back to writing although it may be slightly more difficult today as I do all my washing and run elderly people to and from the lunch at our church.. I have reached the beginning of the end of the action in Le Marche, Italy.

God Bless

Twitter - @dla1950