Monday, 9 January 2012

Back to work week! Shiawase getsuyoh bi

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?









Writing

Enough of this procrastination. I need to finish my third Steele novel this week, after all it did say in the local paper that it was finished! 'The Biter Bit' has given me the opportunity to kill off Patrick A Steele or not as the case may be but in all honesty I quite like the guy. Well I would wouldn't I? He is my creation and as in creating a picture, composing music, or producing an artifact there is something precious there. I also feel that he has not as yet outlived his usefulness. If you notice J K Rowling didn't kill off Harry.



So at the moment my central character seems to be at less risk then when I started writing the book. His relationships with women are at a bit of a crossroads so it may take a fourth book to resolve that situation or perhaps it isn't too late. Reading this as an outsider it is easy to see why the book isn't complete!



Also I would like to start writing a plan for book 4 this week which in itself is a significant goal and as I have an idea for the central theme the question is how to approach the story. The ideas buzzing around in the old bonce would suggest that it is going to be slightly more futuristic but certainly not apocalyptic. I feel that they have been done to death. Although 'The Book of Eli' I really enjoyed in a sepia sort of way. Well I saw the film and liked it. I prefer to maintain a degree of realism and so the future I am thinking about could be no more than three years away. I'm beginning to experience that bubble of excitement just writing that last sentence - I need to get out more. Well I will report back tomorrow.

Other Stuff

Thank you to my visitor from Kuwait and welcome back to Belgium and, overnight, Russia. I'm a simple soul and the fact that people in other parts of the world have bothered is very gratifying.
I know I have said this before but I would really appreciate some reviews on Amazon, Smashwords and CompletelyNovel.com. Perhaps it is the case that people who have read my books are just being kind to my face! It really is a bit of an ego trip for all authors but the fact is if we don't receive this type of feedback then how do we improve?
I hope someone has a go at the recipe I produced yesterday it is quite tasty and every now and then I intend to publish others on here. I had feedback yesterday from a follower who tried the pork curry and seemed to enjoy. Why should anyone try them? Well because they really are easy, cheap and tasty unlike these TV chefs who are producing recipes that in their world are cheap but then that isn't the real world.
An interesting tweet yesterday from an author who was told by her publisher, or agent, I can't remember which, to make her books more commercial and as a result she is being published soon. Now it may seem strange but did Dickens write for commercial reasons? I write because I want to and if my books become truly commercially viable - great, but the way I write is what I like doing and if someone was telling me how or what to include then it wouldn't be my book! I would lose interest. Time will tell.

God Bless

Twitter - @dla1950