Monday, 2 January 2012

New Years Resolutions

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?









Should it be Resolution or Revolution?

Have you made a resolution?

As statistics show that only a small minority actually carry through their resolution it seems a bit of a waste of time and air space to go on about it. Putting up a target introduces the opportunity for failure! I have just turned on my 'wireless' and the BBC news is all about how obese we all are so I'm obese! A message to the government and health organisations - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!! If they spent less money on dubious research and more on health the system would work better anyway. 
I gave up making resolutions a long time ago because they create stress.  In some Japanese disciplines, such as Aikido, it is taught that you examine your own behaviours and make small alterations for improvement and these actions go towards an improvement in your situation. I attended a course a number of years ago, designed by Lou Tice from Seattle and delivered by dvd, that embraced the idea of managing ones own behaviours to bring about changes. It was such a powerful message that all of our local authority employees were sent on the course. To use the jargon I felt both empowered and disturbed but it has given me the tools to bring about change in my life. It has probably been superceded now but the precepts upon which the course was built were sound.

I have targets that I would like to achieve in the next few weeks that are specifically around writing. I want to finish 'The Biter Bit' by the end of January and have it published in paperback. I would like to have 'The 51st State' on Smashwords also this month. Finally, I am aiming to have my fourth novel underway by the end of January. Now this last aim could be the most difficult to achieve because for the first time in 3 years the idea for the book is not firm in my mind. There is something that I would like to use as a vehicle for a fourth Steele novel but the details are not coming through as easily as they have for the previous three books.
Other 'wishes' are that my novels are picked up by an agent but I am not desperate I quite like the Indie publishing route, and wouldn't it be wonderful to sell copious numbers of books then I would make real money and be able to give added support to my whole family and to my church.
A dream - I would love to move out of my apartment and into a bungalow and get myself a dog! Ah well!!!!

God Bless

Twitter - @dla1950