Monday, 16 January 2012

Stirrings of inspiration

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?









Writing

I find it interesting, readers may find it boring or not,  being self-analytical about the process of writing. From the germ of an idea my mind then attaches factors to that central idea until it grows into something about which I can write. There were uncertainties about 'A Changed Reality', the fourth Steele novel, as serious as did I want to write another Steele novel? People are so important to me in the process. Chatting to a couple of friends and relatives they ask and make unsolicited suggestions that are greatly appreciated. One such comment when I related my central theme was 'it gives you the opportunity to write about how you feel'. In a sense that is my reason for writing. The whole concept of Steele is based upon frustrations that occur in the world that in the normal course of events one can do very little about. Having said that I always felt that I needed to write.
Another throw away line by a good friend firmed up my intention to have at least some of the action in Eastern Europe, probably the Czech Republic or perhaps Poland. I have visited both countries and they left  good impressions for different reasons.


A brilliant piece of artwork in Brno




















Birkenau - a shot often used in prisoner of war films about Auschwitz.










I started writing this new book on Saturday and the progress in my mind is developing and unfolding to the point where the plan will be easy to extend and then I can really get cracking.

Other stuff

The number of visitors to this blog fell away drastically yeterday but then that was hardly surprising because the previous two days were exceptional but thanks to those who bothered.
I must upload my second book to Smashwords and then carry on editing 'The Biter Bit' so lots to do this week.

God Bless

Twitter - @dla1950