Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Writing (kaku) Wednesday (suiyoh bi) - Next Steps

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?









Writing - next steps

I don't often push myself to write for the simple reason that it can be counter productive but today I have a good idea of what I need to put down and so, while it is fresh in my mind, it needs to be done. The opposite of block I suppose!
I had my 1st book, the top one above, approved by Smashwords for inclusion in their premium catalogue last month but apparently it takes about a month to hit the distributors catalogues so any time now I hope! Once that is up and running I will begin the process with 'The 51st State' and hopefully it won't take me as long.
The ideas for my fourth book are beginning to gel and that is why I feel spurred on to finish 'The Biter Bit' there is a built in momentum. I think Eastern Europe may be involved but principally it will be set in the UK looking forward. In fact the way I'm thinking it will need to be finished before the next General Election!

Other Stuff

I watched 'The Mystery of Edwin Drood' (part 1) last night. This was Dickens final story that he in fact didn't complete before his death. It was interesting. The influence of opium was strong and I have also come across that in Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. The Victorians obviously had a bit of a drug problem - sound familiar?
Another member of the Fox acting dynasty made an appearance in the story. Freddie Fox took the part of Edwin Drood and it was like looking at a smaller version of his elder brother Lawrence.

      

The whole dynasty seem to be very talented.

God bless

Twitter - @dla1950