Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Writing progresses apace - shiawase kayoh bi

http://www.amazon.com/author/dlatkinson

http://completelynovel.com/books/i-have-to-get-it-right--2

15 pages free to view online- use your keyboard arrow keys to move up and down the pages.

Patrick A Steele is an accountant with training in a variety of physical skills who feels the need to right the wrongs in society!











Link to my second book newly released. Same rule as above!

Patrick A Steele is concerned about the influence of the USA on Great Britain! What will he do?









Writing

It is good to set yourself targets in all aspects of life because in my opinion it de-stresses. I needed to push myself on certain matters, principally covered by my least favourite term - editing. I wanted to begin formatting 'The 51st State' - completed, uploaded and available; and, I needed to proceed with editing 'The Biter Bit' - 1st three chapters completed. What I didn't get done was more planning for the 4th book 'A Changed Reality' but there is time for that but there was a bonus with regards to this the 4th Steele novel. I woke in the wee small hours with an idea that will facilitate great progress on this book. So a great day yesterday.
The inspiration given by friends and family over the weekend is directly responsible for the idea that came to me in the night. Sometimes such ideas seem no more than possible positive suggestions but never throw them away as you don't know in which direction they will lead.

Other Stuff

I was delightfully surprised with the apparent ease with which I uploaded my second book to Smashwords. Having said that I learned a great deal from the experience of preparing the first book for their catalogues. The disappointing issue is the lack of sales. I have had over 30 downloads of samples but no purchases at £1. I have already had 3 downloads of the second book in less than 12 hours, I hope that bodes well.

Today I must complete another 3 chapters of the editing and carry out some planning but Tuesday tends to be full of the mundane! Well someone has to wash and clean! I also have the quite pleasurable social event, which is how it is turning out, of transporting some of the parish elderly to church for their lunch and of course being fed myself.
Happy writing!

God bless

Twitter - @dla1950