Thursday, 9 February 2012

Attempt at Poetry


Capitalism Acrostic

Cheating business leaders
Abstracting ordinary people
Purloining public money
Inducing questionable practices
Taking the opportunities of others
Acting inappropriately
Lending beyond their means                                       
Investing in a South Sea Bubble culture
Self- indulgence in the extreme
Making a mess of my World
D L Atkinson 2012

I know there are some wonderful poets out there and I hope they'll forgive me, but I wrote poetry 30 years ago finding it a way of expressing feelings. I know that somewhere I have more that I have written but can I find them?



Recipe - 1, 2, 3 Soup

1 Tin of baked beans
2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
3 Chopped pickled onions

Put all the ingredients in a pan and heat up. Serve with your favourite bread.
Only tried this once and it is simple quick and warming particularly if you like tomatoes. I added black pepper, Worcestershire sauce and oregano. The left overs are going to be used as a base for a lamb curry! It could be used for an Italian based sauce for lasagne etc with the addition of mince.

God Bless