Monday, 9 April 2012

I cooked the recipe.

Yes I cooked the Camembert Tartiflette and photographed the process! One of my friends commented that it is really hard to say that out loud in the pub without sounding camp - thanks!
Anyway the recipe was by Rachel Khoo in Paris and she used a cheese called Reblochon. I couldn't get any so used the Camembert as an alternative. 


I used foil pudding tins because I don't own muffin tins





Red onion and garlic














Onions, garlic and lardons bubbling away with a couple of glasses of white wine.



Potatoes cut in the julienne style.



Julienne potatoes added to the mixture in the frying pan. I then added the cheese but not a photo!




Ready for the oven at 180 degrees C for 15 - 20 minutes






Out of the oven and ready to eat.

They tasted better than they look - honest! The pudding tins were too big but only cost £1.49 whereas the muffin tins had 12 cups and would have cost £8.99 which was a no brainer really. Scooping out of the foil wasn't easy either but once on the plate very tasty and I served them with a piece of grilled haddock and a little parsley sauce. Any fish would have done but the tartiflette enhanced the flavour of the fish I felt.

God Bless