Sunday, 15 April 2012

Satisfying Sunday. Lou Tice rip.

I love this.

I was feeling good about what I have done this weekend in terms of writing, cooking and sales and decided I was being self-satisfied. I put that fairly abstract idea into Google images and the above came up. It is actually the very last phrase that seems easy but is probably one of the most difficult things for me to do. I wonder how difficult others find it to like themselves? Part of the reason is cultural I think. We Brits    are 'jolly good at putting ourselves down' and not good so good at blowing our own trumpets . I took part in a course run by a guy from Seattle called Lou Tice that could be summed up by the quote above. It introduced a new adjective into the household at the time and that was 'ticed' meaning to feel good about how one may have acted in a given situation. the problem being that I never got to the third part of the statement.
Sadly Lou died on the 1st April this year but I wonder how many people there are around the world that he has empowered.
Just a couple of quotes from him,

'All meaningful and lasting change starts from the inside'


Life is about choices, and you have the ability to choose. You always have had this ability. I suggest that not only do you have the ability, you have the responsibility to make choices for yourself. It is your life, and you are in the driver's seat, if you choose to be.” 

The title for today's blog comes from the fact that receiving feedback of the type I've had is really positive, uplifting and I feel 'ticed'.

God Bless