Monday, 16 April 2012

A Tuesday Recipe

Cottage Pie
 A variation on a theme.


I find that quite a number of people do not understand the difference between this pie and Shepherd's Pie. Simple really shepherd's would use lamb mince whereas the Cottage version has beef mince. It's not quite as simple as that - for the Shepherd's Pie see the recipe on the relevant tab at the top of the page - I have added one or two of my own preferences.
With the beef mince you would use beef stock and a glass or two of red wine. I also add tomato purée and oregano as my main herb. The visual appearance is similar but under the basil garnished potato the taste is very different being richer and slightly darker. Enjoy!


In Memoriam - Lou Tice (1935 - 2012)


"The quality and quantity of our thoughts determine the quantity and quality of our lives"


God Bless