Thursday, 24 May 2012

But I have had such a day!

Have you ever had a day that was indescribably bad but you couldn't tell anyone.   As days go this began badly but actually did improve but the start is always there affecting the rest of your day. So what happens next? 
Assess your feelings and use those feelings in your writing.

A blackness of doubt
The dark of the pending storm
Losing direction
©David L Atkinson May 2012


Even though I am a functioning person at times I wonder how! I am sure we all feel that periodically but my writing helps me. 

Emotional wreck
Autumn mists hide direction
The future is what?
©David L Atkinson May 2012

I just found a huge spider in my shower tray and she reminded me of me! The tray is only a few inches deep but the surface is such that it may as well be twenty feet because she can't escape. I am in that situation except that, unlike the spider, I can see where I want to be but the surface of my life will not allow me to escape.

When I'm at last one
The desert heat of summer
Where's the oasis?
©David L Atkinson May 2012

I hope that this makes sense but in a way it expresses where I'm at today. Maybe tomorrow will be better!

God Bless