Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Thursday Poetry 10

I don't mind admitting that I'm nervous.   I've agreed to talk to members of our congregation about writing. We have a weekly 'event' called 'Choose days' and our vicar has asked me to talk on one of these evenings about my writing. Now I write for me! How selfish is that? I began writing because I felt a need to write not because I wanted to make money or become famous or attain some level of recognition. I just have a need to write it is how I like to express myself. That does not make me good at it. Still for our church I have decided I will have a go but I'm scared of looking and sounding stupid. However, part of me feels that words a there within me, waiting to pour forth but not necessarily in the right order.

Haiku

A frame of support
Our relentless seasons
Internal thunder
©David L Atkinson May 2012

Tanka

The spotlight of fame
nothing more than a light bulb
A dawn reflection
Like the surge of the ocean
Irrepressibly clear
©David L Atkinson May 2012



So I will teach the rules of Haiku and Tanka and give my audience the opportunity to create their own examples and share the results with each other.

God Bless