Friday, 8 June 2012

The End Is Nigh

The end of the World?
Am I referring to the 'end of days' the 'apocalypse' the 'rapture' or something else.
The Mayan calendar is divided into Seven Ages of Man. The fourth epoch ended in August 1987. The Mayan calendar comes to an end on Sunday, December 23, 2012. Only a few people will survive the catastrophe that ensues. In the fifth age, humanity will realize its spiritual destiny. In the sixth age, we will realize God within ourselves, and in the seventh age we will become so spiritual that we will be telepathic.
Is it this what I am considering?
Or is it something less cosmic?


I love this painting by Salvador Dali


But even this is too grand for the end that I am approaching. I am coming to the end of my 4th Steele novel - 'A Changed Reality' but even then it has taken a twist that I hadn't planned but as I was writing it seemed logical, exciting, threatening and essential to the conclusion of this particular tale.
I love the writing process because irrespective of how it is planned there is always the chance that it will take off in a direction all of its own and totally unexpected.


I'm looking for a cover. Something different and striking and with colours that please me. I am sure that the marketing geeks would be looking at how the cover is received but I am more interested in how it reflects the story within. Different views of the familiar.


I have just passed 60k words of the book and will be finished soon and as has happened before I have ideas for the next.


God Bless