Thursday, 14 June 2012

Freedom of Imagination

The power of imagination.
The above is a representation of 'Jabberwocky' by Lewis Carroll


'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.


This is not a challenge but have you ever tried to write anything like this? Not easy. I was inspired to include this verse because I watched part of the broadcast showing David Cameron giving evidence to the Leverson Enquiry! You can interpret that as you will.
I am always full of admiration for those authors who write fantasy because it is so difficult to maintain your stamina writing purely fantastic stuff. So well done all you people with fantastic minds.
When I am writing my novels (see the side panels) I empathise with my characters when I am alone, it is quiet and dark. I imagine how they feel and what they will do and present them with situations and they react then I write down what they do. Is that too simplistic? It seems to work for me and unlike the 'failed Japanese novelist' I referred to in my blog yesterday I don't feel the need to commit suicide because I am a successful novelist - I finish my books.
'A Changed Reality' is in its final phase and that in itself is quite exciting but the last bit still has to be written but I am pleased to say that I know where it is going. When I've said in the past that a book has a life of its own that is something that I feel is true and as you get towards the end of a story the options are fewer but you have to stay true to your characters and how they have been built up and follow their actions to the end. 
Isn't that an amazing statement from the great man?
Finally, a plaque that says it all 

God Bless