Saturday, 9 June 2012

The End is Nigh - next steps.


The Rapture is a term in Christian eschatology which refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord". The Rapture is used in at least two senses in modern traditions of Christian eschatology: in pre-tribulationist views, in which a group of people will be "left behind", and as a synonym for the final resurrection generally.
There are many views among Christians regarding the timing of Christ's return (including whether it will occur in one event or two), and various views regarding the destination of the aerial gathering described in 1 Thessalonians 4.

Not exactly as described in the film '2012' but close. Even the Mayan writings and calculations are open to subjective interpretation. The point is:-

I have almost completed 'A Changed Reality'

I have raised this point in previous blogs but the book has a life of its own and even though I am supposedly in control and writing said novel I find that on occasion I am following where the story takes me. The other aspect of this is that I like it! 
I believe that when I perceive this following the story there is an excitement which generates a drive that takes me on in my writing. That 'drive' tends to transcend genre and I find myself writing poetry as well as the novels. 
I am happy with this situation regarding writing and as I feel now nothing will stop me from writing. Even if readers find my work disjointed or difficult to fathom in some other way it actually doesn't matter. (Try to read Barnaby Rudge - Charles Dickens) What matters is that I am interpreting life and those who choose to read my writings will derive whatever they need from the writing.
The beautiful thing is that I am driven to continue because the next idea is forming in my mind even as I complete the book I am writing now. 

If my work is no more than an entertainment for myself then it has achieved its end. If others derive some pleasure from my expressed thoughts then I thank them for taking the time to look.

God Bless