Saturday, 23 June 2012

Striving for perfection

Editing


Editing is the process of selecting and preparing writtenvisualaudible, and film media used to convey information through the processes of correction, condensation, organization, and other modifications performed with an intention of producing a correct, consistent, accurate, and complete work.

Put like the above definition it's worth getting someone else to do it! It is our way of trying to produce the perfect finished article.
Perfection - broadly speaking flawlessness!


The trouble with perfection is that you could drive yourself mad trying to achieve it! It reminds me of a poster I saw in a classroom in a school in which I taught:-




It is good that work is passed on to a third party to have a look over because psychologically when you write something that has an error, on occasions even when re-reading, you may subconsciously repeat the error.
I have edited 15 of 20 chapters and I'm aiming to finish my edit tomorrow (Sunday) then I hope my mate will check it over as before. Leading hopefully to:-




God Bless