Thursday, 21 June 2012

Why not try ARK?



Sometimes we forget to be kind. We are so wrapped up in our own lives and stresses that we forget to be kind to ourselves and to others.
I am editing 'A Changed Reality' and have found myself indulging in self-castigation (it's not rude) to lengths that are fundamentally unkind. That caused me to ask the question that is the title of this blog.
I have edited eight chapters and occasionally have called myself an idiot and worse. That is a good argument for giving it to someone else to do. The bottom line is that, although I haven't sold a shit load of books, I have written four and sold some. Unlike a guy I read about who attempted suicide because he considered himself a failed author because he wasn't making pots of money that doesn't make me a failed author. I have completed 4 books that makes me a successful author. It is like painting or composing you complete a work and some will love it and some will not but as the creator of the work do you listen to the negative or positive? If you are kind to yourself the answer is obvious.



This is a clip from 'Evan Almighty' and as trite and simplistic as the film is the message is great - 1 single act of random kindness - ARK


God Bless