Tuesday, 17 July 2012

200th day of the year.

Good day for cricketers!


W G Grace, often believed to be the father of English cricket, was born this day in 1848.
The equally hirsute Australian fast bowler, Dennis Lillee, was born on the same day in 1949 so just about 9 months older than me! I too have a beard and played cricket but sadly never reached the dizzy heights of these two worthies.
Possibly a bad day for making decisions however, as Mary Jo Kopechne found out when she accepted a lift from Senator Edward Kennedy from a party at Martha's Vineyard.



Of course when it comes to making decisions some would say that there isn't such a thing as a good day. That is probably because we have to make them so frequently from choosing the colour of your socks in the morning, to deciding what to eat at lunch and maybe even the colour of the next car you buy. When writing we are constantly making decisions as to how to administer our work as well as during the actual writing process itself. The admin I'm not concerned with currently but the writing process is intriguing. Where my tales go depends greatly on my lead characters and their frame of mind at the time.
I feel that I have imbued Patrick A Steele with a personality that works and continues to develop along with his partners, Naomi Kobayashi and Takuo Sumisu. In action he is positive, but with women, indecisive! Read the books to find out more.

To return to the cricketing analogy batsmen, bowlers and fielders, as do many sportsmen and women, are constantly making decisions that could influence the result of the game they play. That could seriously affect their careers, reputation and future employment. Deciding where my next book is going to begin is not quite as crucial and I can always change my mind!
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!

God Bless