Monday, 30 July 2012

A Tuesday Recipe - Pissaladiere


                                                                                     
  And on the plate    This production is partially attributed to Rachel Khoo, you'll have heard that name from me before, with some additions from one or two others and my own ideas as well. Full recipe on the TAB above.

So a little history - This dish was believed to be introduced into the Provence region of France by the Romans and so it is no mystery that it resembles pizza. The name 'pissala' means fish paste which was used to flavour the base.

My recipe is adapted from that of Rachel Khoo's in various ways and as a result of trying the recipe out according to the book. I have added the chopped tomato, a clove of garlic, a tsp of thyme to the topping and used sild instead of anchovies. They are flavours I prefer and it worked for me. 
This can, like pizza, be eaten hot or cold.
Sild by the way are young herring processed rather like sardines in Norway so I suppose you could use any oily fish. 
Enjoy

God Bless