Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Golgotha Connection - Caleb Pirtle III & KDP Select

An excellent highly recommended read.
This story is well constructed and set carefully and with detail. All of the characters are beautifully developed and are quite disturbing at times and Caleb Pirtle uses them skilfully to heighten tension and propel the narrative forward.
I find Caleb Pirtle's style readable but at the same time intellectually satisfying. The descriptions are thorough to the point that when the characters were struggling with thirst so was I, and when the sand was burning and gritty I could sense those sensations.
The author has artfully drawn political attitudes and weaknesses into his tale but at the same time the influence of the Bible permeates this work balancing beautifully with action. I really found this story compelling and would have no qualms recommending it to all of my friends.
Well done Caleb.

SF News
It is typical of me that I get a bee in my bonnet about a new writing venture and want to get on to it whilst in the midst of writing a different novel. It is the attraction of a new direction I suppose. An off shoot in my mind is the conclusion for my latest Steele novel and I think it is there and you may be right if you think I'm going to kill Steele off OR you could be wrong! The idea is there nevertheless.
The SF idea I need to get into a plan and then when 'The Inception of the Species' is concluded I can motor on with the future.

Scifaiku
Ape Calypso

Normality ends
No cavorting primates blame
 Simpler Spring forward
©David L Atkinson October 2012


KDP Select







Once again I am offering my collection of poetry 'The Musings of a Confused Mind' FREE to Kindle and Kindle app. This is for one day only Saturday 6th October. The collection is a first and includes thought provoking and educational opportunities. Some of the work is highly topical and other examples are intensely personal and I believe that there is something there for everyone to derive some stimulation from.
Please use the link below or click on the book on the side bar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Musings-Confused-Mind-ebook/dp/B008YF1RI2

God Bless