Monday, 11 February 2013

A Tuesday Recipe - Smoked salmon on a budget

Smoked Salmon Spaghetti with chilli and lemon 

 

This has to be one of the quickest and easiest meals that I've prepared. I must admit I do like smoked salmon and I dare say it will work well with a pack of smoked salmon trimmings but I bought a pack of 4 slices of Scottish smoked salmon at £2.49. It isn't cheap but everything else in the recipe is and I estimate that the meal cost no more than £4.00 for two servings. At a push you could get 4 servings from the salmon but I like salmon!!!!
3 chillies were £0.50
Lemon £0.30
Spring onions £0.89
Spaghetti £1 for a pack of dried and still loads left.

Overall I don't think it is much to pay for a little bit of luxury. The recipe came from the BBC Good Food magazine and so provided lots of health information. The meal is described as 'easy' 'low fat' 'low cal' and a source of Omega 3. What more could anyone ask for.
The full recipe is on the relevant TAB.

Alternatives
This is the sort of dish that you could adapt happily. I would imagine that tuna, mackerel or any oily fish would actually work. Cubes of cucumber tyhrown in at the end with the salmon would go well - let your imagination go wild and enjoy.

God Bless