Friday, 29 March 2013

Easter Eve - Black Saturday





Holy Saturday (LatinSabbatum Sanctum), sometimes known as Easter Eve or Black Saturday, is the day after Good Friday. It is the day before Easter and the last day of Holy Week in which Christians prepare for Easter. It commemorates the day that Jesus Christ's body laid in the tomb.

This is the last day of Lent and is the day before Easter Day. It shouldn't be confused with Easter Saturday which is at the end of Easter week after Easter Sunday.

I write this mainly to remind myself. People are funny and will argue over the most trivial things. The naming of the period around Easter is one of those instances.


-------------------------------------------------------
RIP 

 Harry Potter actor, Richard Griffiths dies aged 65


Actor Richard Griffiths, who starred in the Harry Potter movies and Withnail and I, has died at the age of 65 after complications following heart surgery.
Griffiths enjoyed a long career of success on film and on TV, but also on the stage where he was a Tony-winning character actor.
He was best known for playing Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter films and Uncle Monty in Withnail and I.
TV roles included playing a cookery-loving detective in Pie in the Sky.
And on stage, his most acclaimed performance was as the charismatic teacher Hector in Alan Bennett's The History Boys.
After achieving a rare double of winning a Tony Award in New York and an Olivier Award in London, he recreated the role in a 2006 film version.
The actor, who died on Thursday, was appointed an OBE in the 2008 New Year Honours

----------------------------------------------

'A book is a friend that does what no friend can do - stay quiet when you want to think!'

I have reached the decision point in my latest Steel novel. It's that moment when you have to make choices, or perhaps when Patrick and Takuo make choices about how to end this but then there is the collateral damage. Will anyone on the team get hurt or worse? Will the nemesis be irradicated or will she escape once again? At this moment in time I don't know but that's part of the fun. 
I need to change the title. I began with Inception of the Species then the film 'Inception' comes out. The notion of the growth of Steele from his roots led me to the title. So I kind of want to hang on to it so I looked the title up in Latin and came up with:-

Inceptus 
or 
Inceptionem Species (Species pronounced Spe chi ess)

 Then I tried Japanese and came up with:-

Tane no Hottan

Tell me what you think!

God Bless