Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Poetry Thursday 52 - A Mother's Day Poem



Mother is Legion

Celebrate a day for the special one
the lady who makes all things possible.
It should be longer for all that she’s done
to make our lives so comfortable.
There is no one on Earth who is immune
from the ministrations of these ladies.
They teach us the steps to dance to their tune
from the day we arrive as their babies.
The whole of our lives are in their hands
and we build on all that they have given.
So in turn evolutionary strands
developing souls are mother given.

God bless all mothers everywhere for love.
A unique creation from God above.
©David L Atkinson January 2013






In my arrogance I've written the above in the style of a sonnet. Shakespeare wrote over 150 mainly about love, but I have used the style for a variety of subjects. I don't pretend to be a consummate poet but more of a learner. As such I do 'wrong things' with others style but I believe thinking in this way will stretch my understanding and so polish up the end products in the future. 
You are never too old to learn, become innovative or 'think outside the box' or 'blue sky thinking' - whatever you want to call it!

Mother's Day will be quite poignant for me this year.

God Bless