Monday, 17 June 2013

A Tuesday Recipe - Teriyaki Chicken with warm potato salad

This dish is easy and very tasty. But in some ways it is a bit of a cheat because I used Blue Dragon Teriyaki Marinade.



I used this short cut because it contains, soy sauce, mirin, and honey. The only additional item that needed popping in was a drop of sake although I prefer to drink it warm on its own and without any adulteration. I also marinated the chicken for the minimum of half an hour and it still did the job.


The teriyaki chicken I served with warm spicy potato salad and tomato. The recipe for the potato salad is on last week's recipe on the Recipe Tab above as is the Teriyaki recipe.
I served this dish as above but it would go equally well with rice or noodles and green vegetables would suit also. 
This is also quite a cheap meal. The marinade would also go with pork or beef and is suitable for stir fry, grilling or barbecue. In fact you could use it with stir fry vegetables or vegetarian protein substitutes such as tofu.
The Blue Dragon cost £1.59 and will cover three more meals and the main reason for using it for me is because of the difficulty in obtaining the mirin. Mirin is a type of sake with lower alcohol levels and higher amounts of carbohydrate which is not derived from sugar.




God Bless