Friday, 28 June 2013

Writing - Creativity



Forgive me but another poetry reading on YouTube. I believe in practice making perfect! Copy and paste into your browser if it doesn't take off on contact! I know it works that way.

http://youtu.be/sv4AtjOSyeY


I am really enjoying this creativity theme. In one sense that should be obvious but I suppose some may see it as a curse! There are some interesting quotes about the subject and it something that has been the centre of human attention for millenia, from the earliest cave paintings of man to 21st century sophistication.

 Cave painting and Damian Hirst           

Creativity is purely subjective in its outcome as well as being intensely personal. There are some very clever people who have pronounced on the subject and who am I to add to the plethora of wisdom out there so just a couple of notable examples. Steve Jobs for instance,

“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things.

and Albert Einstein,

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

who am I to comment on the above? BUT don't they both intend that we should all free our creative spirit if for no one else but ourselves? My reasons for sharing is to give the experiences of one human to all those others who care to have a look. Obviously, if you don't like what you read then you won't dip in again, but I feel justified as the number of followers of this blog is on the increase and for that I thank all those who have taken the time to take a look and also to those who have shared their experiences in the comments that they have made.

God Bless