Saturday, 13 July 2013

Writing - Steele novels and marketing



Behold the portfolio. When you write it goes without saying that you should be proud of what you have achieved. Try asking someone to write 10000 words let alone 60000 and more. The question then is what do you do with the finished works? The answer is obvious for the writer trying to earn money but for someone like myself who is writing because he likes doing it, feels the need to put pen to paper but doesn't really worry about the selling side, its not quite as straightforward. It would be almost insulting if a writer had no interest at all in sharing his work as I believe that is an integral part of the writing process. So I sell, not many but a few in both paperback and for Kindle, Kobo and Nook. The links at the side of the blog will lead you to places where you can buy.

As a strategy and for a change I have published an extract of Inceptus on the Extracts TAB at the top of this page. There are also samples available on CompletelyNovel.com and Amazon. Please be aware that Amazon is accessible on amazon.com as well as amazon.co.uk and if you review on Amazon you need to upload to both of those sites.

My first poetry anthology was published on createspace.com and has been the least successful venture from a sales point of view. I blame myself! Not that there is a problem with the content but the presentation could be considerably better. A link to the poetry collection is below. Copy and paste into your browser.

https://tsw.createspace.com/title/3978810

What I'd like my readers to do over this weekend is just to have a look at the opportunities down each side of this page. Some of the links are about selling my work but others are about me!

God Bless