Friday, 9 August 2013

Writing - A change is as good as a rest.


Cessation - I have surpassed 40 000 words and I'm into my 17th chapter which I'm using almost as a narrative for the next stage in the stop.
I've coined the term 'the stop' to represent the event that has triggered this story. I'm not about to divulge just precisely what that is because I'd like you to read the whole story. The really important thing for me is to create something different from the Steele novels as much for me as for the readers. In a sense to see if I could! I think I have proved that to my own satisfaction but like every change it is a learning experience. Take this new chapter, the more narrative, interlude quality of the beginning. This wouldn't have been appropriate in the Steele novels where action and progress are the key. Still it is interesting and energising for me. Having said that I have an idea for my next novel in mind and it is back to Patrick A Steele.
An idea for a Cessation cover:-


Too dark perhaps!
------------------------------------
Karen Black RIP aged 74






  • Karen Black was an American actress, screenwriter, singer, and songwriter. She is noted for appearing in such films as Easy Rider, Five Easy Pieces, The Great Gatsby, Rhinoceros, The Day of the Locust, ...Wikipedia
    DiedAugust 7, 2013
    Films
    Easy Rider
    The Great Gatsby
    Always sad when someone from your own history passes away but as is often said as you get older you attend more funerals.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    On a lighter note!

    Dull and Boring road sign

    A county in Oregon has proclaimed 9 August as Boring and Dull Day "in perpetuity".
    The proclamation honours the pairing of the town of Boring in Oregon and the village of Dull, Perthshire.
    Local officials have spoken of their excitement over planned events, including a piper playing and a barbershop quartet singing.
    Dull residents have been reported as being appreciative that the link has encouraged Boring visitors.
    God Bless