Saturday, 26 October 2013

Divine intervention & KDP Select




The Pope receives a Sunderland shirt from the club's priest.

For those who are not aware I have been a Sunderland fan for over fifty years and if you have any interest in soccer you will also know that the team are in dire straits hence the title of this blog and the fact that the Sunderland pastor is a catholic priest and presented a team shirt to Papa Francesco. Let's hope that it works on Sunday!

Writing

The ploy of giving away my poetry collection has had some success but only very small. Perhaps if I send Papa Francesco a complete set he may push them. There doesn't seem to be a right or wrong way to market your work but a little luck would be great.

I am pleased to welcome a handful of visitors to my blog from Cyprus.

While I was in Sunderland earlier this week I left quite a few of my business cards around maybe that will yield some success. However the final FREE day on KDP Select


The Musings of a Confused Mind



 Every so often I have a push on one of my books or the poetry collection 'The Musings of a Confused Mind'. I have the poetry published in paperback by Amazon's Create Space programme and enrolled it on KDP Select. This has been the case for a while. Every now and again I give the book away on Amazon's Select service. It usually means that between a dozen and twenty copies are downloaded but the good side effect is that a few of the Steele novels are purchased which is pleasing. Last weekend it was 'Inceptus' that attracted purchasers. I shouldn't be greedy but they are still only going in ones rather than tens! 

One thing I haven't done as yet is to try the free days on consecutive weekends but that's what I will try this weekend. So this Sunday the poetry will be free again.

https://www.createspace.com/3978810 - paperback not  free

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008YF1RI2 - Kindle copy FREE

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YF1RI2 - Kindle copy FREE

God Bless