Friday, 18 October 2013

Writing - Marketing and Inspiration


The Musings of a Confused Mind



 Every so often I have a push on one of my books or the poetry collection 'The Musings of a Confused Mind'. I have the poetry published in paperback by Amazon's Create Space programme and enrolled it on KDP Select. This has been the case for a while. Every now and again I give the book away on Amazon's Select service. It usually means that between a dozen and twenty copies are downloaded but the good side effect is that a few of the Steele novels are purchased which is pleasing. Last weekend it was 'Inceptus' that attracted purchasers. I shouldn't be greedy but they are still only going in ones rather than tens! Perhaps I'm a crap writer.

One thing I haven't done as yet is to try the free days on consecutive weekends but that's what I will try this weekend. So beginning Saturday through to Sunday the poetry will be free again.


https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008YF1RI2 - Kindle copy

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YF1RI2 - Kindle copy

----------------------------------------------------

Inspiration


These are 'mountains' found in China. Don't they remind you of the floating mountains in the film Avatar? There are all sorts of possibilities with fantastic nature crafted sights. Adventures based on climbing stories, chase scenes, flight scenes, and even floating mountains.



A Tunnel of Love (Ukraine)

A natural tunnel of love for the author of romance stories, foreign trysts, happy endings and so on. This looks like a disused railway line and reminds me of the view down the track from Krakow Airport towards the city itself. It is not quite so overgrown but looks disused.

I suppose it comes back to that sage piece of advice - 'write from where you're at'.

God Bless