Monday, 11 November 2013

A Tuesday Recipe - Sweet and Sour Liver on sliced roast potato

As always the full recipe is on the relevant TAB


Sweet and Sour Liver on sliced roast potatoes

I will be honest - I don't like sweet and sour! BUT I saw this recipe and the only nod to sweetness was honey and I do like honey so I thought I'd have a go. It turned out to be the simplest and quickest recipe that I think I've ever reproduced. It came from the BBC Food website and was originally created by Brian Turner


Brian Turner

The sliced roast potatoes are simple and you could actually flavour them but I stuck to olive oil, salt and black pepper. As the sauce for the liver was quite rich in tomatoes I used fresh basil which I find is great with potatoes and tomatoes.

---------------------------------------------------


I feel that this, the 4th Steele novel, is not going as well as the others and so a little focus on it today. I've made it FREE on smashwords.com (search under David L Atkinson). 

Synopsis

Patrick A Steele has discovered an injustice which involves organised crime and kidnapping for the sex trade and he applies his unique skillset to disrupt the evil group behind these heinous atrocities. This fourth Steele novel continues the association of our hero with the Japanese Gurentai one of whom he is becoming increasingly romantically attached to - but is it reciprocated? When weekend rioting seems to be driven by some hidden force Patrick and his confederates travel in the UK and eastern Europe in an effort to overcome the activities of an evil crime lord and his hired assassin. 

It is FREE to download for the next 24 hours so please feel FREE (lol)

God Bless