Monday, 30 December 2013

A Tuesday Recipe - Crispy pork with egg fried rice


Again at this time of year I was looking for something different from turkey and all the trimmings. I found the recipe for crispy pork and as I like Chinese crispy duck, thought I'd have a go. 
As always it is important that we get the best value with our food so choosing belly pork rather than a more expensive cut is important as is being creative with combinations. Once I'd roasted the pork I tried the meat with roasted vegetables and then with balsamic roasted veg before the match up with egg fried rice.


Cubes of crispy pork served with egg fried rice all of my own construction. If you like pork put fancy doing it a little differently then this is an easy way to spice up a joint. It requires a long period of preparation because you have to start the day before the meal is required but it is not difficult! Well I managed so it can't be. The egg fried rice is very straight forward as well but the full recipe is on the relevant tab.



This is the same joint of pork, sliced and served with the balsamic roast vegetables. Again very easy. I mixed 1tbsp of balsamic vinegar with 2 of olive oil, salt and black pepper and roast at 175 Celsius for about 45 minutes. You could spice these up as well in any way that suits your palate. 

God Bless