Monday, 27 January 2014

A Tuesday Recipe - Liver and bacon saute with potatoes and parsley




I fancied a little offal this weekend and decided on liver when I really should have considered the date! Saturday was Burn's Day and really I should have been eating haggis which I do enjoy. In fact, for the folk have never eaten haggis, it goes exceptionally well with chicken rather than the usual stuffing that you may buy. Haggis may make an appearance another time.

I do enjoy liver and if you don't over cook, it doesn't adopt the dry texture which can be so off putting. I chose lamb's liver and cooked it for 6 or 7 minutes. My mistake with this meal was a shortage of spring onions and I didn't have the cream that can be used as a garnish but I did use a small amount of single cream with the sauce that is on the side. It is a very tasty meal.

The full recipe is on the relevant TAB.

An Historical Note


On January 27, 1945, the Soviet army entered Auschwitz/Birkenhau and liberated more than 7,000 remaining prisoners, who were mostly ill and dying. It is estimated that at minimum 1.3 million people were deported to Auschwitz between 1940 and 1945; of these, at least 1.1 million were murdered.

God Bless