Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Poetry Thursday 108 - Now I'm 64




I had a birthday this week and reached the age of 64 and was reminded of the Beatles hit of 1967 released on their Sgt. Pepper Album. I decided that a humourous re-working was in order and it can be sung to the well known original tune.
I must include the disclaimer that in no way is this aimed at or is about a single person unknown or known to me! It's just for fun!!!!!

Now I Got Older

As I’ve got older losing my hair,
and that time is now.
No one ever sending me a Valentine,
birthday greeting, bottle of wine.

When I get up at quarter to three
bathroom’s what it’s for.
Will you still clean me will you please feed me
now I’m sixty four?

You’re all older too
and if you said the word
I forgot you did!!!

I used to be handy mending a fuse
when the lights had gone.
Now I knit a sweater by the fireside,
carers may take me for a ride.

Doing the garden, digging the weeds
my poor back says no more.
Will you still clean me, will you please feed me
now I’m sixty four?

Every year I’d like to rent a cottage
in the Isle of White if it’s on the flat.
I shall scrimp and stress
No grandchildren in my pad
I can’t stand the mess!

Send me a post card, drop me a line
to prove I’m still alive.
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
understanding’s ebbing away.

Give me an answer fill in my forms
yours for evermore
Will you still clean me, will you please feed me
now I’m sixty four?
©David L Atkinson April 2014

RIP Bob Hoskins (aged 71)



Bob Hoskins has died
Hot Jessica will miss him
animation ends.

God Bless