Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Writing - A poetic trip

I received an email from Amazon declaring that they were sending me royalties from sales of my poetry collection 'The Musings of a Confused Mind' published using Amazon's Createspace.


There have been problems with formatting but the book is available in paperback from Amazon on their website. The royalties are probably not enough to buy a chocolate bar!

The collection was put together as a partly educational tool and partly as an example of emotional self-expression as is all poetry. My poetry is precisely that but I'd love to inspire someone else to write their own stuff. There are a number of sites that you can use to display your wares such as poetry.com the poetry groups on linkedin and so on but the point is write.
I was feeling a little sorry for David Moyes, it didn't last for long when I realised that his compensation would be in the millions, and produced a haiku.

Moyes' Sacking

David Moyes has gone
Winter's team did not perform
Money beats results

The poem follows the normal rules of haiku, 17 syllables, a season word and a cutting word which tenuously is 'money'.

If you want to dip into the published collection it is available on the links above from Amazon £3.61 in paperback and £1.91 in Kindle version. - Enjoy

On VG today.


God Bless