Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Writing - A name change and a new project.

I have finished that book that carried the title 'Most Wanted Artefact' since its inception. At 04.44 this morning it became 'Castled' from the chess term.


Castling is a move in the game of chess involving a player's king and either of the player's original rooks. It is the only move in chess in which a player moves two pieces in the same move turn, and it is the only move aside from the knight's move where a piece can be said to "jump over" another.

The change in title is to make it more relevant to what is going on between the covers. That brings me nicely on to one of the next parts of the writing process and that is choosing a suitable cover. I have a selection below and would love to hear what you think.

 I have found pictures of antique chess sets 

because of something that occurs early in the story.

 I have no particular favourite on this occasion.


Also in the story a Japanese silver hair slide makes a brief but not that significant entrance. I quite liked the way this picture displayed the slide against the sea but in point of fact that has little relevance to the story. 
Of course an awful lot depends on how the photos behave when they are pulled and stretched into the required shape for publication. That is the next part of the process and then I have to edit the chapters, a process I find frustrating but essential. Then I will order author's copies of the book from my publishers completelynovel.com and deliver it to two great people who will plough through my prose making corrections that I've missed. Finally, the polished manuscript will be uploaded to the publisher and copies for gifts and sale ordered.
Once the latter process has been arrived at the manuscript will be uploaded to smashwords.com and amazon.co.uk and so ebooks will be available before the paperback versions.

So there are a busy few days ahead but my next project has risen from the ashes of 'Castled' and I've started writing it already. It will have the title 'Earth Inc' and comes under the heading of a climactic novel - that is relating to the climate and changes that are occurring.
God Bless