Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Writing - Song writing




Photo: #PromptMonday Start the week right - get writing!

1. Write a poem, short story, script, Haiku, tweet, song - whatever you like - using this picture prompt as inspiration. 

2. Add it to your website, blog, Facebook page etc, and post a link to it as a comment under the picture.

3. The best one will be shared on Facebook as #StorySaturday


Bicycle in the Rain
(to the tune of ‘Flowers in the Rain’ by The Move)

Set off one morning half asleep
went down the stairs into the street
got on my bike to travel all around.
The time was still approaching eight
I really couldn’t be that late
sped off in the rain that was falling down.

I’m just trying to ride a cycle in the rain
feel the power of the rain making my pace slow.
I’m just trying to ride a cycle in the rain
feel the power of the rain making me glow.

So I rose up from my seat
pedaled hard - legs feel the heat
couldn’t force the bike to go any faster.
Hoping not to get too wet
lowered my head into my chest
catching sight of the place that I am after.

I’m just trying to ride a cycle in the rain
feel the power of the rain making my pace slow.
I’m just trying to ride a cycle in the rain
feel the power of the rain making me glow.

I felt the rain upon my face
then trickling down in every place
I was close to my own destination.
My attitude was all relief
I was full of self-belief
fantasizing about congratulations.

I’m just trying to ride a cycle in the rain
feel the power of the rain making my pace slow.
I’m just trying to ride a cycle in the rain
feel the power of the rain making me glow.
©David L Atkinson June 2014




Castled is available from Amazon at the slightly increased price of $2.99. Just click on the title.

On VG today.


God Bless