Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Poetry Thursday 117 - What car?



So I'm seriously considering changing my car and there are some thoughts on that topic below.

Haiku


Target Vehicle


White Kia Rio
Iced diamond modern design
Cheap Korean jobs.
© David L Atkinson July 2014



Drive my car

I want to drive my brand new car
I want to drive my car

The gleaming, diamond white new wheels
with my name on the log
is waiting, panting for the deals
then I can engage the cog.

I want to drive my brand new car
I want to drive my car

A snow coloured, transparent bullet
having its innards carefully honed
ready for my caressing foot
to propel it forward newly owned.

I want to drive my brand new car
I want to drive my car

An expensive toy no good without me
calls for a driver’s attention.
Why disappoint that fractured family
with no courage of conviction?

I want to drive my brand new car
I want to drive my car

Sign on the dotted line and drive it away
that gleaming, dazzling car.
Be happy in the purchase for at least a day
and plan journeys to places afar.

I want to drive my brand new car
I want to drive my car
© David L Atkinson July 2014


God Bless