Monday, 21 July 2014

Tuesday Recipe - Steak with Italian roast potatoes.

I was racking my brains as to what to cook for the weekend and decided on beef steak.


I am not about to put a recipe on my page for a steak meal because there are so many variables but the Italian roast potatoes are really easy and a tasty change.

Italian Roast Potatoes

A handful of new potatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, a handful of fresh basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.

It is so simple to produce. Pre-heat your oven to  200 degrees C (hot); place the ingredients in a roasting tin and cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Give the potatoes a shake and remove the foil return to the oven for a further 10 - 15 minutes. 
Serve.

I also added haricots to the roasting tin for 10 minutes rather than boiling them. They retain their flavour. I then made a balsamic glaze which is simply done by warming balsamic vinegar until reduced by half (it becomes syrupy) and drizzled that over the potatoes - posh chips and vinegar!!!!

God Bless