Monday, 29 September 2014

Tuesday Recipe - Beef Sukiyaki



In my endeavour to widen my experience of cooking Japanese food I have produced the following this week.

Beef Sukiyaki

Its basically a Japanese style beef stew. One of the problems I have found in Yorkshire is buying some of the authentic Japanese ingredients such as dashi stock, mirin and sake. However, the internet came to the rescue with some alternatives which worked out ok for me but I would have to strive harder if entertaining.

This meal is quite quick to cook because the meat is cut very thin as are the vegetables. Another first was using tofu in a recipe which in fact was quite simple however, although the Japanese love tofu, the jury is out with me. It is not unpleasant just rather bland and squidgy!

The full recipe is on the tab above.

God Bless