Monday, 1 September 2014

Tuesday Recipe - Vegetable Frittata



A bit of a make-do meal for this week's offering as I was eating out when I usually create!


Vegetable Frittata

Let me begin by saying that I'm not posting it on the TAB because it is so simple and you can change it to suit your own personal taste.
Very simply it is a coarse omelette with left over vegetables but you can polish it up as you feel and according to what is left over in the pantry.
The one pictured was made from new potatoes, parsnip, haricots and runner beans. I fried the veg off in olive oil, salt and black pepper, paprika and garlic, until they were soft. I whisked together three eggs, a little milk, salt and black pepper and poured over the sautéed vegetables and then when the base was firm finished the dish off under the grill. It was served with HP brown sauce and tasted delicious.
The dish would have been fluffier with creme fraiche and more calorific with some cheese grated on the top but I didn't have those items. 
Enjoy!


I'm going to do some advertising for my very able and artistic daughter Charlotte who has begun her own online shop with a group called Etsy, while she is on maternity leave. I know I may be a little biased but she has produced some great baby garments and toys some of which are featured below.

A bobble hat for a bear and a cuddly toy!
  • Heart on Her Sleeve Cow

Her web address for the full catalogue is below or click on her name above.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CharlotteandBean?ref=search_shop_redirect

God Bless