Monday, 27 October 2014

Tuesday Recipe - Dylan Thomas' Birthday and a fish lunch.



Dylan Thomas 1914 - 1953

Dylan Thomas was born 100 years ago today and died at the age of 39. 
Some of his words for you to savour.

From 'Poem in October'

My birthday began with the water –
Birds and the birds of the winged trees flying my name
above the farms and the white horses
and I rose
in rainy autumn
and walked abroad in a shower of all my days.
----------------------------------
From 'Ballad of the Long-Legged Bait'
Venus lies star-struck in her wound
And the sensual ruins make
Seasons over the liquid world,
White springs in the dark.
----------------------------------
From 'Love in the asylum'

She has come possessed
Who admits the delusive light through the bouncing wall,
Possessed by the skies
She sleeps in the narrow trough yet she walks the dust
Yet raves at her will
On the madhouse boards worn thin by my walking tears.

----------------------------------
My own favourite:-

From 'Do not go gentle into that good night'

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

--------------------------------
I am not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes this is a completely constructed meal from bought in items. I just got back from a break and haven't shopped or cooked over the weekend so this was what I could grab at short notice, and that I fancied eating.

Cod in Breadcrumbs with new potatoes and mushy peas



It was quick and tasty but I'm not going to glorify it by writing a recipe as that would be possibly more creative than the poetry and books I write - perhaps! It is almost edging on the side of a healthy meal. There are vegetables, fat free protein and erm - well it wasn't at all bad. Oven cooked so that was good!

God Bless