Monday, 1 December 2014

Tuesday Recipe - Porcini (cep) Lasagne



The fresh lasagne I bought last week had 6 pieces, 3 of which I used last weekend and the other 3 I was struggling with until I saw the following recipe by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.

Porcini Lasagna

This is a very straight forward recipe apart from the white sauce which for some can be a sticking point. I find if the milk is warmed through before mixing with the roux the sauce usually comes out ok. Also cheating is permitted! I have a fine egg whisk in case of lumps and if that fails a sieve!

As with so many recipes there is room for variation according to personal taste. I couldn't obtain porcini mushrooms and misread parma ham for pancetta and you may be falling off your chairs laughing but it worked fine.

The full recipe is on the TAB at the top of the page.


You can see the layers and that they are quite thin but mushrooms can be quite rich in flavour and consistency and bacon is salty. It worked.

God Bless