Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Writing - God and Creativity

This blog is pre-empting a discussion group I'm due to attend this evening on as the title says. To be frank I'm not sure what to expect.

Image result for god and creativity

I'm fortunate to have been in the Sistine Chapel and seen the famed ceiling; I've also walked the length of the Map Room in the Vatican Museum; I have spent a day in the Louvre and seen its' wonders; I've seen the Angel of the North; I've seen Tutankhamen's sarcophagus and the pyramids; and, I have visited many natural wonders. This is not a bragging list I've been very fortunate and have done a lot of saving up - that isn't the point. 

The point is they ARE!

Image result for galileo's art

Human beings like you and me that breathe, hurt, feed, give birth and all the things a human needs to do to deserve that classification, created these wonderful things. In fact the list is a tiny fraction of the amazing art that can be seen around the world.

I have often written of the art that children do.

Image result for children's art

The point is that humans produce art, since the first caveman created his messages to us on the walls of caves, people have created original works.

The question is who is responsible?

Has God given us a creative gene?

Is it just serendipity?

Some people would say that they are not in the slightest bit creative while others yearn to achieve success through creativity. 

Is it down to God?

Image result for banksy art

Banksy may have the answer in the above piece he produced.

'What we do in life echoes in Eternity'
As a member of the baby boomer generation, just, I was fortunate to live through a time when people felt the need for greater freedoms and chose to demonstrate peacefully and with love. To a degree that movement has never left.

It seems to me that more people are being unashamedly creative in a variety of ways but the beauty of it is, God driven or not, creativity is as much part of the human soul as respiration.

God Bless